From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hadoop cluster ssh username
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:48:17 GMT
Pat,

Your question seems to be in multiple parts if am right?

1. How do you manage configuration so that switching between local and
wider-cluster mode both work?

My suggestion would be to create two git branches in your conf
directory and switch them as you need, with simple git checkouts.

2. How do you get the start/stop scripts to ssh as hadoop-user instead
of using your user name?

In your masters and slaves file, instead of placing just a list of
"hostnames", place "hadoop-user@hostnames". That should do the trick.

If you want your SSH itself to use a different username when being
asked to connect to a hostname, follow the per-host configuration to
specify a username to automatically pick when provided a hostname:
http://technosophos.com/content/ssh-host-configuration

--
Harsh J