From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop pain points?
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 00:09:43 GMT
Since you ask about anything in general, when I forayed into using
Hadoop, my biggest pain was lack of documentation clarity and
completeness over the MR and DFS user APIs (and other little points).

It would be nice to have some work done to have one example or
semi-example for every single Input/OutputFormat, Mapper/Reducer
implementations, etc. added to the javadocs.

I believe examples and snippets help out a ton (tons more than
explaining just behavior) to new devs.

--
Harsh J