From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Configurations for Multiple Clusters
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:24:08 GMT
Eli,

Couple of things I've done (Not necessarily ideal):

* Use a git repo for configs with branches. Switch when needed.
* Point HADOOP_CONF_DIR to the right conf-dir location (or have
triggers that do these for you). Similar to above I guess.
* Alias "hadoop" multiple times to use different --config <conf dir>
opts, and use convenient aliased names.

Taking a brief look at hadoopenv sources (Last update seems to be mid
2011), I think it would work with the stable versions of Hadoop even
today. You may give it a whirl too if its approach attracts you.

--
Harsh J