From Chen He <airb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapred.map.tasks vs mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:00:04 GMT
Hi Mohit

" mapred.tasktracker.reduce(map).tasks.maximum " means how many reduce(map)
slot(s) you can have on each tasktracker.

"mapred.job.reduce(maps)" means default number of reduce (map) tasks your
job will has.

To set the number of mappers in your application. You can write like this:

*configuration.setNumMapTasks(the number you want);*

Actually, you can just use configuration.set()