From Austin Chungath <austi...@gmail.com>
Subject how to add more than one user to hadoop with DFS permissions?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:29:06 GMT
I have a 2 node cluster running hadoop 0.20.205. There is only one user ,
username: hadoop of group: hadoop.
What is the easiest way to add one more user say hadoop1 with DFS
permissions set as true?

I did the following to create a user in the master node.
sudo adduser --ingroup hadoop hadoop1

My aim is to have hadoop run in such a way that each user input and output
data is accessible only to the owner (chmod 700).
I did play around with the configuration properties for sometime now but to
no end.

It would be great if some one could tell me what are the configuration file
properties that I should change to achieve this?

Thanks,
Austin