From Austin Chungath <austi...@gmail.com>
Subject fairscheduler : group.name doesn't work, please help
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:12:41 GMT
 I am running fair scheduler on hadoop 0.20.205.0

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.205.0/fair_scheduler.html
The above page talks about the following property

*mapred.fairscheduler.poolnameproperty*
**
which I can set to *group.name*
The default is user.name and when a user submits a job the fair scheduler
assigns each user's job to a pool which has the name of the user.
I am trying to change it to group.name so that the job is submitted to a
pool which has the name of the user's linux group. Thus all jobs from any
user from a specific group go to the same pool instead of an individual
pool for every user.
But *group.name* doesn't seem to work, has anyone tried this before?

*user.name* and *mapred.job.queue.name* works. Is group.name supported in
0.20.205.0 because I don't see it mentioned in the docs?

Thanks,
Austin