From Tony Burton <TBur...@SportingIndex.com>
Subject RE: MapReduce on autocomplete
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:54:00 GMT
Thanks for the heads-up Harsh:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6327451/mapreduce.jpg

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: 28 March 2012 18:27
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: MapReduce on autocomplete

Looks like your mail client (or the list) stripped away your image
attachment. Could you post the image as a link from imageshack/etc.
instead?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Tony Burton <TBurton@sportingindex.com> wrote:

> So I have a lot of small files on S3 that I need to consolidate, so headed to Google
to see the best way to do it in a MapReduce job. Looks like someone's got a different idea,
according to Google's autocomplete:

> P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you really need to.
>
> Outbound Email has been scanned for viruses and SPAM
>
> This email and any attachments are confidential, protected by copyright and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, then the dissemination or copying of this
email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying
by email and then delete the email completely from your system. Neither Sporting Index nor
the sender accepts responsibility for any virus, or any other defect which might affect any
computer or IT system into which the email is received and/or opened. It is the responsibility
of the recipient to scan the email and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use of this email. Sporting Index Ltd is a company registered
in England and Wales with company number 2636842, whose registered office is at Brookfield
House, Green Lane, Ivinghoe, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 9ES. Sporting Index Ltd is authorised and
regulated by the UK Financial Services Authority (reg. no. 150404). Any financial promotion
contained herein has been issued and approved by Sporting Index Ltd.

--
Harsh J
www.sportingindex.com