From Pat Ferrel <...@occamsmachete.com>
Subject hadoop cluster ssh username
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 18:12:04 GMT
I have a small cluster of servers that runs hadoop. I have a laptop that
I'd like to use that cluster when it is available. I setup hadoop on the
laptop so I can switch from running local to running on the cluster.
Local works. I have setup passwordless ssh between all machines to work
with 'hadoop-user' which is the linux username on the cluster machines
so I can ssh from the laptop to the servers without a password thusly:

ssh hadoop-user@master

But my username on the laptop is pferrel, not hadoop-user so when
running 'start-all.sh' it tries

ssh pferrel@master

How do I tell it to use the linux user 'hadoop-user'. I assume there is
something in the config directory xml files that will do this?