From George Datskos <george.dats...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Adding nodes
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 01:58:52 GMT
Mohit,

New datanodes will connect to the namenode so thats how the namenode
knows.  Just make sure the datanodes have the correct {fs.default.dir}
in their hdfs-site.xml and then start them.  The namenode can, however,
choose to reject the datanode if you are using the {dfs.hosts} and
{dfs.hosts.exclude} settings in the namenode's hdfs-site.xml.

The namenode doesn't actually care about the slaves file.  It's only
used by the start/stop scripts.