From aji1705 <aji1...@gmail.com>
Subject Using mapred.reducer (old api) but don't write anything to HDFS using output collector
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:33:25 GMT
I am using the old api and my Reducer class has the following signature (only
relevant parts shown):

import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapReduceBase;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputCollector;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Reducer;
import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Reporter;

public class FlagDropComparisionReducer extends MapReduceBase
               implements Reducer<Text, Text, Text, Text>  {

	public void reduce(Text key, Iterator<Text> values,
			OutputCollector<Text, Text> output, Reporter reporter) {

        String result = some code here to compute result using key and value
        Use HTTP Client to POST "result" to server

         }
}

I don't want to write the output of reducer to HDFS ie no
"output.collect(key, somevalue). Is there a way for me to do this using the
old api? Note: I must have a reducer because I am doing some calculation
here (not shown).

Suggestions? Thanks.