From "James Brown" ...@syndicate.net>
Subject RE: start hadoop slave over WAN
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 22:42:42 GMT
Do you see entries in the namenode log for the other datanodes listed in the
slaves file?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Cuthbert [mailto:bencuthbert@ymail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:28 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: start hadoop slave over WAN

no nothing. Is there extra debug one can put on the master when starting up?

On 30 Mar 2012, at 19:10, Ben Cuthbert wrote:

> Agree with the not a great idea. We are toying with various
> configurations. We want to run a distributed application server in
multiple regions. We are looking at having multiple masters and using
replication, but we wanted to see what the performance would be like doing
single master multiple datanodes.
> On 30 Mar 2012, at 18:52, Michael Segel wrote:
>> Probably a timeout.
>> Really, not a good idea to do this in the first place...
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> On Mar 30, 2012, at 12:35 PM, "Ben Cuthbert" <bencuthbert@ymail.com>
>>> Strange thing is the datanode in the remote location has a log zero
bytes. So nothing there.
>>> Its strange it is like the master does and ssh, login, and then attempts
to start it but nothing. Maybe there is a timeout?

View raw message