From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:49:07 GMT
I'm confused. My 1.0.0 directory structure does have the conf and src directories in the root.

Are we looking at the same thing?

    - Tim.

From: Harsh J [harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:43 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Your download is correct, but the tarball format seems to have been
completely changed between 0.20.xxx and 1.x, without docs being
changed to adapt to that. Please file a JIRA for this against the
HADOOP project.

Configs, meanwhile, should lie under etc/, given that list.

Patches to documentation would also be welcome!

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM,  <Ian.Meyers@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The
reason that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases,
but not for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

> Documentation:
>
> Configuration Files
> Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:
>
> 1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml
and src/mapred/mapred-default.xml.
> 2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.
>
> Installed Software:
>
>>> DEV $ pwd
> /apps/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.0
>>> DEV $ ls
> bin  etc  include  lib  libexec  sbin  share
>
> Any ideas - perhaps I have a bad version of 1.0?
>
> Ian

yet? If not, does anyone have an idea of when this may be published?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ian

>> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise
protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate
or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender
that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.

Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer

The information and any attached documents contained in this message
may be confidential and/or legally privileged.  The message is
intended solely for the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or
reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by
return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.