From Tim Broberg <Tim.Brob...@exar.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:45:16 GMT
Bad install? I see conf and src directories:

    [tbroberg@san-mothra hadoop]$ tar xzf hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz
    [tbroberg@san-mothra hadoop]$ ls hadoop-1.0.0
    bin          conf                  hadoop-core-1.0.0.jar      ivy      LICENSE.txt  share
    build.xml    contrib               hadoop-examples-1.0.0.jar  ivy.xml  NOTICE.txt   src
    c++          docs                  hadoop-test-1.0.0.jar      lib      README.txt   webapps
    CHANGES.txt  hadoop-ant-1.0.0.jar  hadoop-tools-1.0.0.jar     libexec  sbin

From: Ian.Meyers@barclayscapital.com [Ian.Meyers@barclayscapital.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 9:33 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The reason
that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases, but not
for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

Documentation:

Configuration Files
Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:

1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml and
src/mapred/mapred-default.xml.
2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.

Installed Software:

>> DEV $ pwd
/apps/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.0
>> DEV $ ls
bin  etc  include  lib  libexec  sbin  share

Any ideas - perhaps I have a bad version of 1.0?

Ian