From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Tom White's book, 2nd ed. Which API?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 23:25:41 GMT
I haven't gotten a chance to look at the rough cut of 3rd out on safari right now but what
are the main differences between it and the 2nd edition?

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Jurney [mailto:russell.jurney@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 3:35 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tom White's book, 2nd ed. Which API?

Or get O'Reilly Safari, which would get you both?

On Feb 6, 2012, at 9:34 AM, Richard Nadeau <strouthos@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're looking to buy the 2nd edition you might want to wait, the third
> edition is in the works now.
>
> Regards,
> Rick
> On Feb 6, 2012 10:24 AM, "W.P. McNeill" <billmcn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The second edition of Tom White's *Hadoop: The Definitive
>> Guide<http://www.librarything.com/work/book/72181963>
>> * uses the old API for its examples, though it does contain a brief
>> two-page overview of the new API.
>>
>> The first edition is all old API.

to be received only by persons entitled
to receive such information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately. Please delete it and
all attachments from any servers, hard drives or any other media. Other use of this e-mail
by you is strictly prohibited.

by Monsanto, including its
subsidiaries. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".
Monsanto, along with its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for any damage caused by any such
code transmitted by or accompanying
this e-mail or any attachment.

The information contained in this email may be subject to the export control laws and regulations
of the United States, potentially
including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and sanctions regulations
issued by the U.S. Department of
Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC).  As a recipient of this information you
are obligated to comply with all