From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: TaskTracker without datanode
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:47:19 GMT
Yes this is fine to do. TTs are not dependent on co-located DNs, but
only benefit if they are.

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Daniel Baptista
<Daniel.Baptista@performgroup.com> wrote:
> Forgot to mention that I am using Hadoop 0.20.2

without a DataNode. I was hoping to test this method as a means of scaling processing power
temporarily.

> Are there better approaches, I don't (currently) need the additional storage that a DataNode
provides and I would like to add additional processing power from time-to-timewithout worrying
about data loss and decommissioning DataNodes.

--
Harsh J