From Prashant Sharma <prashan...@imaginea.com>
Subject Re: Why $HADOOP_PREFIX ?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:34:28 GMT
I think you have misunderstood something. AFAIK or understand  these
variables are set automatically when you run a script. it's name is obscure
for some strange reason. ;).

Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated is always there. whether the variable
is set or not. Why?
Because the hadoop-config is sourced in all scripts. And all it does is
sets HADOOP_PREFIX as HADOOP_HOME. I think this can be reported as a bug.

-P