From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Why $HADOOP_PREFIX ?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 12:16:21 GMT
Does anyone have idea on Why $HADOOP_PREFIX was introduced instead of
$HADOOP_HOME in hadoop 0.20.205 ?

I believe $HADOOP_HOME was not giving any troubles or is there a reason/new
feature that require $HADOOP_PREFIX to be added ?

Its a kind of funny, but I got habitual of using $HADOOP_HOME. Just curious
to know for this change.
Also, there are some old packages ( I am not referring apache/cloudera/or
any hadoop distribution ), that depends on hadoop that still uses
$HADOOP_HOME inside. So its kind of weird when you use those packages, you
still get warning messages even though its suppressed from Hadoop side.

Thanks,
Praveenesh