From Varun Kapoor <rez...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Does Hadoop 0.20.205 and Ganglia 3.1.7 compatible with each other ?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 05:33:29 GMT
I'm so sorry, Merto - like a silly goose, I attached the 2 patches to my
reply, and of course the mailing list did not accept the attachment.

I plan on opening JIRAs for this tomorrow, but till then, here are links to
the 2 patches (from my Dropbox account):

   - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366344/gmetadBufferOverflow.Hadoop.patch
   - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4366344/gmetadBufferOverflow.gmetad.patch

Here's hoping this works for you,

Varun
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Merto Mertek <masmertoz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Varun, have I missed your link to the patches? I have tried to search them
> on jira but I did not find them.. Can you repost the link for these two
> patches?
>
> Thank you..
>
> On 7 February 2012 20:36, Varun Kapoor <reznor@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry to hear that gmetad cores continuously for you guys. Since I'm
> > not seeing that behavior, I'm going to just put out the 2 possible
> patches
> > you could apply and wait to hear back from you. :)
> >
> > Option 1
> >
> > * Apply gmetadBufferOverflow.Hadoop.patch to the relevant file (
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1/src/core/org/apache/hadoop/metrics2/util/SampleStat.java?view=markupinmy
setup) in your Hadoop sources and rebuild Hadoop.

> > Option 2
> >
> > * Apply gmetadBufferOverflow.gmetad.patch to gmetad/process_xml.c and
> > rebuild gmetad.
> >
> > Only 1 of these 2 fixes is required, and it would help me if you could
> > first try Option 1 and let me know if that fixes things for you.
> >
> > Varun
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:36 PM, mete <efkarr@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Same with Merto's situation here, it always overflows short time after
> the
> >> restart. Without the hadoop metrics enabled everything is smooth.
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Mete

> everything

> >> for at

> >> gmetad

> gmetad

> >> Does

> but

> the
> >> after

> no

> >> head
> >> them

> >> but I
> for

> >> seconds

> 10.10):

> is

> >> hadoop-1.0.0,
> >> overflows

Hadoop
> >> twiki,

> >> remember
> >> you

> between
> >> Ganglia
> there
> patch
> >> Ganglia

> >> masmertoz@gmail.com>

> find
> >> following

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd"
> >> > > > > > >

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_max_time.rrd

> (Is

> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdc/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd):
> >> range"
> >> > > > > > >

> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdc/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_imax_time.rrd):
> >> range"

Where should
> >> the

> following:

-> i had some

running, so
> metrics

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/hadoopmaster/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd

> tribial

for this ?

--

http://www.hadoopsummit.org/