From Merto Mertek <masmer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Hadoop 0.20.205 and Ganglia 3.1.7 compatible with each other ?
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 03:04:49 GMT
I would be glad to hear that too.. I've setup the following:

Hadoop 0.20.205
Ganglia Front  3.1.7
Ganglia Back *(gmetad)* 3.1.7
RRDTool <http://www.rrdtool.org/> 1.4.5. -> i had some troubles installing
1.4.4

Ganglia works just in case hadoop is not running, so metrics are not
publshed to gmetad node (conf with new hadoop-metrics2.proprieties). When
hadoop is started, a segmentation fault appears in gmetad deamon:

sudo gmetad -d 2
Updating host xxx, metric dfs.FSNamesystem.BlocksTotal
Updating host xxx, metric bytes_in
Updating host xxx, metric bytes_out
Updating host xxx, metric metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time
Created rrd
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/hadoopmaster/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd
Segmentation fault

And some info from the apache log <http://pastebin.com/nrqKRtKJ>..

Can someone suggest a ganglia version that is tested with hadoop 0.20.205?
I will try to sort it out however it seems a not so tribial problem..

Thank you