From mete <efk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Hadoop 0.20.205 and Ganglia 3.1.7 compatible with each other ?
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 07:43:02 GMT
Hello Varun,
i have patched and recompiled ganglia from source bit it still cores after
the patch.

Here are some logs:
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: RRD_update
(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave4/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd):
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave4/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd:
converting '4.9E-324' to float: Numerical result out of range
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: RRD_update
(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/master/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd):
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/master/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd:
converting '4.9E-324' to float: Numerical result out of range
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: RRD_update
(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd):
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd:
converting '4.9E-324' to float: Numerical result out of range
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: RRD_update
(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_imax_time.rrd):
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_imax_time.rrd:
converting '4.9E-324' to float: Numerical result out of range
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: RRD_update
(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd):
/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hadoop/slave1/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd:
converting '4.9E-324' to float: Numerical result out of range
Feb 15 09:39:14 master gmetad[16487]: *** buffer overflow detected ***:
gmetad terminated

i am using hadoop.1.0.0 and ganglia 3.20 tarball.

Cheers
Mete

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:19 AM, Merto Mertek <masmertoz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Varun unfortunately I have had some problems with deploying a new version
> on the cluster.. Hadoop is not picking the new build in lib folder despite
> a classpath is set to it. The new build is picked just if I put it in the
> $HD_HOME/share/hadoop/, which is very strange.. I've done this on all nodes
> and can access the web, but all tasktracker are being stopped because of an
> error:
>
> INFO org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TrackerDistributedCacheManager: Cleanup...
> > java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
> >     at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.hadoop.filecache.TrackerDistributedCacheManager$CleanupThread.run(TrackerDistributedCacheManager.java:926)
> >

> Probably the error is the consequence of an inadequate deploy of a jar.. I
> will ask to the dev list how they do it or are you maybe having any other
> idea?
>

> On 10 February 2012 17:10, Varun Kapoor <reznor@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Merto,
> >
> > Any luck getting the patch running on your cluster?
> >
> > In case you're interested, there's now a JIRA for this:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8052.
> >
> > Varun
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Varun Kapoor <reznor@hortonworks.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Your general procedure sounds correct (i.e. dropping your newly built
> > .jar
> > > into $HD_HOME/lib/), but to make sure it's getting picked up, you
> should
> > > explicitly add $HD_HOME/lib/ to your exported HADOOP_CLASSPATH
> > environment
> > > variable; here's mine, as an example:
> > >
> > > export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=".:./build/*.jar"
> > >
> > > About your second point, you certainly need to copy this newly patched
> > > .jar to every node in your cluster, because my patch changes the value
> > of a
> > > couple metrics emitted TO gmetad (FROM all the nodes in the cluster),
> so
> > > without copying it over to every node in the cluster, gmetad will still
> [...]
What I would like
> > for

again, does it
> core

> > smoothly.
I'm interested in
> > how

> appears

> running
and THEN start

> > there

> and

gmetad coring
> > issue -
> > fixes

and like Mete said
appears.. here is
> my

> > server

general protection

My current ganglia
3.1.7 but without

GangliaContext31 and
I continuously get
> > buffer

Vitthal "Suhas" Gogate
> <

following information on

in

20.205  and works fine
> > (I
to buffer overflow
> > problem
restarting works.. let
> me

change
> significantly
3.1 is not compatible
> > with
to not work with Ganglia
As of November 2010,
0.20.2 and later. To use
> > the
substitute
> for
> the
above.

PM, Merto Mertek <

to figure it out however i
> did
pointed me for some bugs in
different versions of
> > ganglia
fault appears after
> > the
mode...

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd"

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_max_time.rrd

from
metrics?)

there are a lot of
> errors:

> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdc/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_imax_time.rrd):
to float: Numerical result
> out

> (/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdc/xxx/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.snapshot_imax_time.rrd):
to float: Numerical result
> out

some converting issues ?
> Where
suggest to use ganglia
> > 3.0.x
version >3.1 for further

Merto Mertek <

hear that too.. I've setup the

3.1.7
> had

in case hadoop is not running,
> > so
node (conf with new
a segmentation fault appears
> in

metric
metric bytes_in
metric bytes_out
metric

> /var/lib/ganglia/rrds/hdcluster/hadoopmaster/metricssystem.MetricsSystem.publish_max_time.rrd

the apache log <

a ganglia version that is
> > tested
it out however it seems a not