From Rohit <ro...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: How to setup Hive on a single node ?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 02:34:01 GMT
Hi Lac,

Could you provide some more information on what kind of errors you are encountering?

Did the Hadoop setup install correctly? If so, how did you try to install Hive? Once you have
a single node setup of Hadoop running, you can install Hive by building from source:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AdminManual+Installation

Then you will want to make sure the hive configuration files are correctly set up (hive-site.xml).

Thanks,
Rohit

Rohit Bakhshi

www.hortonworks.com (http://www.hortonworks.com/)