From Daniel Baptista <Daniel.Bapti...@performgroup.com>
Subject TaskTracker without datanode
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 14:44:07 GMT
Hi All,

I was wondering (network traffic considerations aside) is it possible to run a TaskTracker
without a DataNode. I was hoping to test this method as a means of scaling processing power
temporarily.

Are there better approaches, I don't (currently) need the additional storage that a DataNode
provides and I would like to add additional processing power from time-to-timewithout worrying
about data loss and decommissioning DataNodes.

Thanks, Dan.