From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Tom White's book, 2nd ed. Which API?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:36:10 GMT
I have the first edition of Tom White's O'Reilly Hadoop book and I was curious about the second
edition.  I realize it adds new sections on some of the wrapper tools, like Hive, but as far
as the core Hadoop documentation is concerned, I'm wondering if there is much difference?
 In particular, I was curious if it teaches the .20 API?  The first edition explicitly taught
.19 because .20 wasn't quite vetted at the time he wrote it.  He even explains that in the
book.

Thanks.

"You can scratch an itch, but you can't itch a scratch. Furthermore, an itch can
itch but a scratch can't scratch. Finally, a scratch can itch, but an itch can't
scratch. All together this implies: He scratched the itch from the scratch that
itched but would never itch the scratch from the itch that scratched."
                                           --  Keith Wiley