From Rajesh Lawrence Patrao <RAJESHLPAT...@infosys.com>
Subject Running job from JobControl
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 05:47:06 GMT
Hello.

Using Hadoop version 0.20.. I am creating a chain of jobs job1 and job2 (mappers of which
are in x.jar, there is no reducer) , with dependency and submitting to hadoop cluster using
JobControl. Note I have setJarByClass and getJar gives the correct jar file, when checked
before submission.

Submission goes through and there seem to be no errors in user logs and jobtracker. But I
dont see my Mapper getting executed (no sysouts or log output), but default output seems to
be coming to the output folder (input file is read as is and output). I am able to run the
job directly using x.jar, but I am really out of clues as to why it is not running with Jobcontrol.

All I see in the output is input file with some numbers in the beginning. I don't see the
intended output.  Pl. help.

Thanks,

Raj

Infosys e-mail system.