From <Ian.Mey...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:33:06 GMT
Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The reason
that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases, but not
for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

Configuration Files
Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:

1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml and
2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.

Installed Software:

>> DEV $ pwd
>> DEV $ ls
bin  etc  include  lib  libexec  sbin  share

Any ideas - perhaps I have a bad version of 1.0?

-----Original Message-----
From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jean-Daniel Cryans
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 5:27 PM
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

There's the usual stuff on the website:

It has the good old Getting Started and whatnot.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:23 AM,  <Ian.Meyers@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Am tearing my hair out trying to find documentation for 1.0. Has it been created yet?
If not, does anyone have an idea of when this may be published?
> Thanks,
> Ian
> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays