From Luca Pireddu <pire...@crs4.it>
Subject is it possible to specify an empty key-value separator for TextOutputFormat?
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:27:39 GMT
Hello list,

I'm trying to specify from the command line an empty string as the
key-value separator for TextOutputFormat.

I'm specifying a blank as the value for the
mapred.textoutputformat.separator property:

   -D mapred.textoutputformat.separator=""

And, when I look at the job's configuration file (job.xml) this setting
seems to be picked up correctly.  However, the output format continues
using a TAB to separate key and value when I specify an empty string.

Any way to convince it not to insert a separator (use the empty string)?

ps:  I'm using pipes so I can't specify a null key or value.

--
Luca Pireddu
CRS4 - Distributed Computing Group