From tejas <tejas.krishnamoor...@oracle.com>
Subject plugging in to hadoop
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 02:27:02 GMT
Hi

I am trying to develop a UI and display metrics of mapreduce and HDFS
and also provide some kind of monitoring.

1. With version 0.20, I was able to extend the
org.apache.JobTrackerPlugin class by configuring it in the
mapred-site.properties. Is it possible to make a similar configuration
in version 0.23? Can i plugin my class to fetch metrics through
JobTrackerPlugin?
I see that some of the classes in JobTracker class have been depricated?
So would i have to plugin to the ResourceManager and the NodeManagers to
get the metrics? Is there any api for that?

2. How does hadoop expose traps and events? If i would have to capture
events at unfaourable states (like tracker coming down, datanode going
low on space etc) does Hadoop send out events? How can they be trapped?

Thanks

Tejas