From prajor <rajeshlpat...@infosys.com>
Subject The Mapper does not run from JobControl
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 06:38:40 GMT

Using Hadoop version 0.20.. I am creating a chain of jobs job1 and job2
(mappers of which are in x.jar, there is no reducer) , with dependency and
submitting to hadoop cluster using JobControl. Note I have setJarByClass and
getJar gives the correct jar file, when checked before submission.

Submission goes through and there seem to be no errors in user logs and
jobtracker. But I dont see my Mapper getting executed (no sysouts or log
output), but default output seems to be coming to the output folder (input
file is read as is and output). I am able to run the job directly using
x.jar, but I am really out of clues as to why it is not running with