From bejoy.had...@gmail.com
Subject Re: How to Set the Value of hadoop.tmp.dir?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:47:28 GMT
Hi Bing
      What is yout value for dfs.name.dir and dfs.data.dir ? I believe that is still pointing
to /tmp. Better to change it to another location as /tmp gets wiped on every reboot.

------Original Message------
From: Bing Li
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
ReplyTo: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
ReplyTo: bing.li@asu.edu
Subject: How to Set the Value of hadoop.tmp.dir?
Sent: Feb 7, 2012 02:04

Dear all,

I am a new Hadoop learner. The version I used is 1.0.0.

I tried to set a new value for the parameter instead of /tmp,
hadoop.tmp.dir in core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml and mapred-site.xml. Do I
need to do that in all the above xmls?

However, when I execute the format command, I was asked if I need to
reformat filesystem in /tmp/hadoop-myname/dfs/name. Why is the path still
/tmp?

Thanks,
Bing

Regards