From Bryan Keller <brya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSX starting hadoop error
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:51:20 GMT
For those interested, you can prevent this error by setting the following in hadoop-env.sh:

export HADOOP_OPTS="-Djava.security.krb5.realm= -Djava.security.krb5.kdc="

On Jul 28, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Bryan Keller wrote:

> FYI, I logged a bug for this:
>
> On Jul 28, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Bryan Keller wrote:
>
>> I am also seeing this error upon startup. I am guessing you are using OS X Lion?
It started happening to me after I upgraded to 10.7. Hadoop seems to function properly despite
this error showing up, though it is annoying.