From Jayunit100 <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Calling webservices in Hadoop
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:48:41 GMT
At the cloudera course, they said this is a bad idea, but im working at a place that does just
this... In the reducers..... the answer is Yes.... You can make http requests in Hadoop jobs.

I'd like to know more about others thoughts on this.... Is it customary ?

Jay Vyas
MMSB
UCHC

On Jan 10, 2012, at 4:23 AM, <Shreya.Pal@cognizant.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> Is it possible to get data from web services using Hadoop MR jobs?
>

> Regards,
>
> Shreya
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying
of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.