hadoop-common-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Expected file://// error
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2012 02:16:10 GMT
Mark,

Could you post your command and the mapred-site.xml contents?

On 07-Jan-2012, at 4:39 AM, Mark question wrote:

> Hi Harsh, thanks for the reply, you were right, I didn't have hdfs://, but
> even after inserting it I still get the error.
> 
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong FS:
> hdfs://localhost:12123/tmp/hadoop-mark/mapred/system/job_201201061404_0003/job.jar,
> expected: file:///
>    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.checkPath(FileSystem.java:310)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.pathToFile(RawLocalFileSystem.java:47)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:357)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:245)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:192)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1189)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1165)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1137)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.configureCommandLineOptions(JobClient.java:657)
>    at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:761)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:730)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1249)
>    at Main.run(Main.java:304)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>    at Main.main(Main.java:53)
>    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>    at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>    at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
> 
> Mark
> 
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Harsh J <harsh@cloudera.com> wrote:
> 
>> What is your fs.default.name set to? It should be set to hdfs://host:port
>> and not just host:port. Can you ensure this and retry?
>> 
>> On 06-Jan-2012, at 5:45 PM, Mark question wrote:
>> 
>>> Hello,
>>> 
>>> I'm running two jobs on Hadoop-0.20.2 consecutively, such that the
>> second
>>> one reads the output of the first which would look like:
>>> 
>>> outputPath/part-00000
>>> outputPath/_logs ....
>>> 
>>> But I get the error:
>>> 
>>> 12/01/06 03:29:34 WARN fs.FileSystem: "localhost:12123" is a deprecated
>>> filesystem name. Use "hdfs://localhost:12123/" instead.
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wrong FS:
>>> 
>> hdfs://localhost:12123/tmp/hadoop-mark/mapred/system/job_201201060323_0005/job.jar,
>>> expected: file:///
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.checkPath(FileSystem.java:310)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.pathToFile(RawLocalFileSystem.java:47)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.RawLocalFileSystem.getFileStatus(RawLocalFileSystem.java:357)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FilterFileSystem.getFileStatus(FilterFileSystem.java:245)
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileUtil.copy(FileUtil.java:192)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1189)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1165)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1137)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.configureCommandLineOptions(JobClient.java:657)
>>>   at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:761)
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:730)
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1249)
>>>   at Main.run(Main.java:301)
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>>>   at Main.main(Main.java:53)
>>>   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>>   at
>>> 
>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>>   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>>   at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
>>> 
>>> 
>>> This looks similar to the problem described here but for older versions
>>> than mine:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5259
>>> 
>>> I tried applying that patch, but probably due to different versions
>> didn't
>>> work. Can anyone help?
>>> Thank you,
>>> Mark
>> 
>> 


Mime
View raw message