From ArunKumar <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do i customize the name of the job during submission?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 08:38:43 GMT
Harsh,

I need to run some set of jobs(with same input size and from same
application) periodically say job1: Wordcount on 10 Gb, job2: Pi with 10000
samples , job3 : Wordcount on 40 GB, etc.. and i want to analyze some
things.
For that i need to identify the job the consecutive time. It would be
better if i had same ID irrespective of iteration for a particular job.

If i have to specify a custom job 'name' via the regular JobConf/Job APIs i
need to modify the example source code of Wordcount, Pi etc.in my case. I
think it doesn't suite my needs.

Can i do that setting job name part while submitting the job at terminal ?
(or) Is there any alternative ?

Arun