From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on Secondary Namenode
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 06:08:51 GMT
Hi,
Masters file in $HADOOP_HOME/conf tells you about where exactly the
SecondaryNamenode deamon should run. Correct me please if I am wrong.

My doubt is Do all Datanodes should know where secondary namenode is
running or Only namenode should be knowing where secondary namenode is
running ?
The reason I am asking this thing is, to know Do I need to copy the
contents $HADOOP_HOME/conf/masters file in all Datanodes or only Namenode
and Secondary Namenode should have this entry in their master file.

Also, if I am right, the following property, tells  the location of
Namenode to Secondary Namenode, so that it can communicate with namenode to
create checkpoints.

<property>

<name>dfs.http.address</name>

<value>namenode:50070</value>

<description>

The address and the base port where the dfs namenode web ui will listen on.

If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.

</description>

</property>

so this property should be define only in the secondary namenode, Does this
property also needs to be define in all Datanodes ?

Thanks,

Praveenesh