From Idris Ali <psychid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netstat Shows Port 8020 Doesn't Seem to Listen
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:22:17 GMT
Hi,

Looks like problem in starting DFS and MR, can you run 'jps' and see if NN,
DN, SNN, JT and TT are running,

also make sure for pseudo-distributed mode, the following entries are
present:

1. In core-site.xml
 <property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:8020</value>
  </property>

  <property>
     <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
     <value><SOME TMP dir with Read/Write acces not system temp></value>
  </property>
  <property>

2.  In hdfs-site.xml
<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <name>dfs.permissions</name>
     <value>false</value>
  </property>
  <property>
     <!-- specify this so that running 'hadoop namenode -format' formats
the right dir -->
     <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
     <value>Local dir with Read/Write access</value>
  </property>

3. In mapred-stie.xml
  <property>
    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>