From Idris Ali <psychid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netstat Shows Port 8020 Doesn't Seem to Listen
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:22:17 GMT

Looks like problem in starting DFS and MR, can you run 'jps' and see if NN,
DN, SNN, JT and TT are running,

also make sure for pseudo-distributed mode, the following entries are

1. In core-site.xml

     <value><SOME TMP dir with Read/Write acces not system temp></value>

2.  In hdfs-site.xml
     <!-- specify this so that running 'hadoop namenode -format' formats
the right dir -->
     <value>Local dir with Read/Write access</value>

3. In mapred-stie.xml