From zGreenfelder <zgreenfel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netstat Shows Port 8020 Doesn't Seem to Listen
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:31:46 GMT
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:58 PM, Eli Finkelshteyn <iefinkel@gmail.com> wrote:
> More info:
>
> In the DataNode log, I'm also seeing:
>
> 2012-01-09 13:06:27,751 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect
> to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:8020. Already tried 9 time(s).
>
> Why would things just not load on port 8020? I feel like all the errors I'm
> seeing are caused by this, but I can't see any errors about why this
> occurred in the first place.

are you sure there isn't a firewall in place blocking port 8020?
e.g. iptables on the local machines?   if you do
telnet localhost 8020
do you make a connection? if you use lsof and/or netstat can you see
the port open?
if you have root access you can try turning off the firewall with
iptables -F to see if things work without firewall rules.
--
Even the Magic 8 ball has an opinion on email clients: Outlook not so good.