From Daniel Baptista <Daniel.Bapti...@performgroup.com>
Subject Receive with immediate delete
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:03:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a small cluster of 4 datanodes, all datanodes are running version 0.20.

I am trying to decommission one of the nodes however I am seeing the DFS usage fluctuate from
2.07 -> 2.09 GB and then it drops back down to 2.07, the block count also fluctuates in
a similar pattern. It has been doing this pretty much all day now.

Upon looking in the logs I can see a series of receives followed by an immediate(about 2 minutes)
 delete of the blocks just received.

Is this normal behaviour or is something amiss?

Thanks in advance, Dan.