From "alo.alt" <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Netstat Shows Port 8020 Doesn't Seem to Listen
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 22:08:32 GMT
What happen when you try a "telnet localhost 8020"?
netstat -anl would also useful.

best,
 Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:02 PM, Eli Finkelshteyn wrote:

> A bit more info:
>
> When I start up only the namenode by itself, I'm not seeing any errors, but what I am
seeing that's really odd is:

>   2012-01-09 16:48:45,530 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Starting
>   Socket Reader #1 for port 8020
>   2012-01-09 16:48:45,531 INFO
>   org.apache.hadoop.ipc.metrics.RpcMetrics: Initializing RPC Metrics
>   with hostName=NameNode, port=8020
>   2012-01-09 16:48:45,532 INFO
>   org.apache.hadoop.ipc.metrics.RpcDetailedMetrics: Initializing RPC
>   Metrics with hostName=NameNode, port=8020
>   2012-01-09 16:48:45,541 INFO
>   org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Namenode up at:
>   localhost.localdomain/127.0.0.1:8020
>
> That's despite the fact that doing netstat -a | grep 8020 still returns nothing.  To
me, that makes absolutely no sense. I feel like I should be getting an error telling me Namenode
did not in fact go up on 8020, but I'm not getting that at all.