From Ioan Eugen Stan <stan.ieu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Linux Operating system used for Hadoop
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 12:33:40 GMT
Pe 27.01.2012 11:15, Sujit Dhamale a scris:
> Hi All,
> I am new to Hadoop,
> Can any one tell me which is the best Linux Operating system used for
> installing&  running Hadoop. ??
> now a day i am using Ubuntu 11.4 and install Hadoop on it but it
> crashes number of times .
>
> can some please help me out ???
>

> Kind regards
> Sujit Dhamale

I think the most important thing you have to keep in mind is who is gong
to administer your cluster. It's important that the administrator is
confortable/experienced with the distribution you are going to use.

As for which distribution to use, you can safely choose from one that
has very good support (community and/or vendor). In no particular order:

- Debian
- Ubuntu LTS.
- RedHad /CentOS (company/ comunity support)

There are a few Hadoop distributions available from companies that you
can check out:

- Mapr
- Cloudera's Hadoop distribution
- Hortonwork (not sure about them providing a Hadoop distribution)

They offer installation instructions on different platforms for their
products. Maybe you can check them out to see if they are good for you.

Cheers,
--
Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com