From Eli Finkelshteyn <iefin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Username on Hadoop 20.2
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:00:40 GMT
I tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. Specifically, the way I
tested it was adding:

<property>
<name>user.name</name>
<value>[my_username]</value>
</property>

to core-site.xml. I then tried a test mkdir, and did an ls which showed
the new folder had been created by my default whoami client username
instead of the new one I had set. Do I need to add it somewhere else, or
add something else to the property name? I'm using CDH3 with my Hadoop
cluster currently setup with one node in pseudo-distributed mode, in
case that helps.

Cheers,
Eli