From Eli Finkelshteyn <iefin...@gmail.com>
Subject Username on Hadoop 20.2
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:55:17 GMT
Hi,
If I have one username on a hadoop cluster and would like to set myself
up to use that same username from every client from which I access the
cluster, how can I go about doing that? I found information about
setting hadoop.job.ugi, and have tried setting this property variously
in hdfs-site.xml, core-site.xml, and mapred-site.xml, but nothing seems
to work. All I want is to be able to look like the same user no matter
which of my machines I connect to the cluster from. How can I do this?

Thanks!
Eli