From Daniel Quach <danqu...@cs.ucla.edu>
Subject Adding mahout math jar to hadoop mapreduce execution
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 06:33:56 GMT
I have been compiling my mapreduce with the jars in the classpath, and I believe I need to
also add the jars as an option to -libjars to hadoop. However, even when I do this, I still
get an error complaining about missing classes at runtime. (Compilation works fine).

Here is my command:
hadoop jar makevector.jar org.myorg.MakeVector -libjars /usr/local/mahout/math/target/mahout-math-0.6-SNAPSHOT.jar
input/ output/

This is the error I receive:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/mahout/math/DenseVector

I wonder if I am using the GenericOptionsParser incorrectly? I'm not sure if there is a deeper
problem here.