From ArunKumar <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Availability of Job traces or logs
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 04:49:56 GMT
Amar,

I am attempting to write a new scheduler for Hadoop and test it using Mumak.

1> I want to test its behaviour under different size of jobs traces(meaning
number of jobs say 5,10,25,50,100) under different number of nodes.
Till now i was using only the test/data given by mumak which has 19 jobs
and 1529 node topology.
I don' have many nodes with me to run some programs and collect logs and
use Rumen to generate traces.

2> I want to control the split placements so i need to modify preferred
locations for task attempts in the trace but the trace for even 19 jobs is
huge. So, I was thinking whether i can get a small, medium and large number
of Job traces with corresponding topology trace so that modifying will be
easier.

Arun