From Amar Kamat <ama...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Availability of Job traces or logs
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 07:44:20 GMT
Arun,
You can very well run synthetic workloads like large scale sort, wordcount etc or more realistic
workloads like PigMix (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PigMix). On a decent
enough cluster, these workloads work pretty well. Is there a specific reason why you want
traces of varied sizes from various organizations?

> How can i make sure that the rumen generates only say 25 jobs,50 jobs or so
Do you want to get 25/50 jobs based on some filtering criterion? I recently faced a similar
situation where I wanted to extract jobs from a Rumen trace based on job ids. I will be happy
to share these filtering tools.

Amar

On 12/1/11 8:48 AM, "ArunKumar" <arunk786@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi guys !

Apart from generating the job traces from RUMEN , can i get logs or job
traces of varied sizes from some organizations.

How can i make sure that the rumen generates only say 25 jobs,50 jobs or so
?

Thanks,
Arun