From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS Backup nodes
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:46:23 GMT
Hey Rand,

It will mark that storage directory as failed and ignore it from then
on. In order to do this correctly, you need a couple of options
enabled on the NFS mount to make sure that it doesn't retry
infinitely. I usually run with the tcp,soft,intr,timeo=10,retrans=10
options set.

-Joey

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:37 PM,  <randysch@comcast.net> wrote:
> What happens then if the nfs server fails or isn't reachable? Does hdfs lock up? Does
it gracefully ignore the nfs copy?

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.