From Humayun kabir <humayun0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop configuration
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:04:59 GMT
Hello Uma,

Thanks for your cordial and quick reply. It would be great if you explain
what you suggested to do. Right now we are running on following

We are using hadoop on virtual box. when it is a single node then it works
fine for big dataset larger than the default block size. but in case of
multinode cluster (2 nodes) we are facing some problems. We are able to
ping both *"Master->Slave"* and *"Slave->Master"*.
Like when the input dataset is smaller than the default block size(64 MB)
then it works fine. but when the input dataset is larger than the default
block size then it shows ‘too much fetch failure’ in reduce state.
here is the output link

this is our /etc/hosts file humayun # Added by NetworkManager localhost.localdomain localhost
::1 humayun localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6 humayun

::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters