From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Does hadoop installations need to be at same locations in cluster ?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 17:55:53 GMT

Ok,

Here's the thing...

1) When building the cluster, you want to be consistent.
2) Location of $HADOOP_HOME is configurable. So you can place it anywhere.

Putting the software in two different locations isn't a good idea because you now have to
set it up with a unique configuration per node.

It would be faster and make your life a lot easier by putting the software in the same location
on *all* machines.
So my suggestion would be to bite the bullet and rebuild your cluster.

HTH

-Mike