From Masoud <mas...@agape.hanyang.ac.kr>
Subject Re: map/reduce by C# & Hadoop
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 01:17:11 GMT
Thank for your reply^^
but question is how we can write map reduce in C# without using Java
abstract classes and interfaces of Hadoop, should we only
write C# code according to map/reduce app logic?
what do you mean of app can run standalone? you mean its should be .exe
or .dll?
did you do  map/reduce by C# & Hadoop before?
Oh, lot of question. sorry ...

B.S

On 12/27/2011 06:13 PM, Harsh J wrote:
> I haven't used Mono but if your written program can run as a standalone and read from
stdin and write to stdout, then streaming is sufficient to run your C# MR programs.

> On 27-Dec-2011, at 2:31 PM, Masoud wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> any one did it before: map/reduce by C#&  Hadoop ???
>>
>> As you know for developing map/reduce app in hadoop we should extend and implement
special map and reduce abstract classes and interfaces,
>> and Hadoop pipes is for C++ not C#. The question is what we should do for C#?
>>
>> *IS IT RIGHT THAT *
>> 1- Just develop our C# code (maybe its better with MonoDevelop) according to map/reduce
abstract logic by developing map and reduce classes