From "Avni, Itamar" <Itamar.A...@verint.com>
Subject remote hadoop in tomcat with jaas security
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:47:59 GMT
Hi,

Our application runs in Tomcat 5.5, Java 6.17, with JAAS.
We give our own implementation to LoginModule and we start Tomcat with -Djava.security.auth.login.config.
We use Hadoop 0.20.203.0.

We want to execute Hadoop jobs, or Hadoop FileSystem methods from within our application,
remotely.

Problem: once we use/initialize Hadoop's configuration (either by calling org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(Configuration)
or by calling org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobConf)), the implementation of LoginModule
changes from ours to org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.HadoopLoginModule, and
we cannot login to our application anymore!

However, there is no problem with the remote execution of the jobs.

I saw this thread (Use JAAS LoginContext for our login<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6299>).
Does it fixes the problem?
It looks like it will still create a new LoginModule? Won't it?

Thanks for any help
Itamar

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems
Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive
this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to
anyone this message or any information contained in this message.  If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.