From dnspies <davidnsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Configurable keys for MapReduce
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:27:47 GMT

Most places throughout the hadoop framework instantiate instances of the keys
with ReflectionUtils.newInstance(keyClass, configuration)

I thought that means I can configure the keys before they read or write, but
apparently this is not so.  The attached example
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33022246/WrapperKey.java WrapperKey.java  throws
a NullPointerException because the keys in WritableComparator are
instantiated with a null configuration object passed into
ReflectionUtils.newInstance.

Does anyone know if there are other ways of getting Configuration options
into the keys for reading and writing?